New fixes feedback - Xiaomi Mi Router 4A Gigabit Edition (R4AG/R4A Gigabit)

ok, probably a docker volume would help keep the download files. i will try and improve sometime.

For now dont do a symlink dl.

I just did this for myself and simplistic building, but feel free to improve if you wish.

hi, i did noob mistake, there is kernel.bin and susupgrade.bin in your 1.2 stable release

because everyone posting always about flashing sysupgrade.bin, so from start i flashed sysupgrade.bin from stock xiaomi and make it through using python somehow

i just found out in openwrt A&Q that ideally, from stock first step is flashing kernel.bin and then sysupgrade.bin

do i need reflashing kernel.bin?

kernel.bin was advised in case of boot issues, you just carry on using the sysupgrade.bin thats the standard way.

1 Like

Hi, I hope someone can help.
Is it possible to completely turn off the 2 LEDs?

Thanks David for your effort.....just a quick one does your latest version 1.2 supports kernel for sqm cause I need to fix my bufferbloat issue cause I have a slow broadband connection and this processor I believe can handle SQM just fine. Thank you

1.2 doesnt have sqm installed, you can build the image yourself. Otherwise if you can wait im doing some wifi fixes i've discovered.

It will be a new thread on the mt76 driver issues.

1 Like

Thanks David, yes of course I will wait and I believe it will pretty much stable for sure after your update..

i'm using 5ghz , i just realized it now after long time use.
cause it's give me a little headache because the problem seems very often rightnow, maybe about minute/hour the radio crashed and restart itself,

[16690.114094] ieee80211 phy1: Hardware restart was requested
[16692.395123] mt76x2e 0000:01:00.0: Firmware Version: 0.0.00
[16692.400865] mt76x2e 0000:01:00.0: Build: 1
[16692.405094] mt76x2e 0000:01:00.0: Build Time: 201507311614____
[16692.425864] mt76x2e 0000:01:00.0: Firmware running!
[16692.434072] ieee80211 phy1: Hardware restart was requested

i'm done trying different build from here / official snapshot and still .. same result :frowning:

How can the error that @addays is mentioning can be fix?
I already changed the PSU and it still crashes.
With the original stock firmware and even with Padavan the Wi-Fi is solid in both radios.

There might be hope for your issue and @Basix130w coming soon. I've noticed the mt76 driver for the V19.07.4 release is using the v19.07 branch in the m76 git repo, is missing loads of patches. So its possible an admin error on openwrt part?. I will be doing a new stable release soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

4 Likes

Will the fixes you make be included by default when OpenWrt 20.xx comes out?

Very doubtful, but its possible if the required fixes are updated to the newer kernel.

I'm just getting the v19.07 stable to work for now.

I'm also on last build by @db260179 works perfect for me. No hickups on 2,4G and 5G. Bandwidth on 5G also great - around 400mbit.
Maybe your hardware is faulty?

1 Like

Sorry, your answer is not clear to me. Can you explain that more simply?

Same for me, but I've only been testing 5G and using a custom compile (including preferred apps) based on @db260179 commit just prior to updates of mt76.

Will this be based on current commits at: https://gitlab.com/db260179/xiaomi-m4a/-/commits/stable or are you planning to add more?

Yes it will based on the current commits, lots of mt76 improvements. I'm getting 670mbs out of the 5g now and its rock solid stable, even allows me to set country code and auto channel scanning correctly now.

If you comfortable in compling, then try the latest changes from stable.

My next stable release will have the built config I use in firmware - /etc/build.config

2 Likes

Do you think it will work to solve the problem that @addays and I reported?

What current image are you using?

Its possible my new image will fix this issue? only you guys can let me know

The one you released with this tag "v1.2-stable".
Do you plan to release your new version soon?
Or should I try to compile it?