New challenge: App-Firewall "add-on" needed!

I did the math....only 13% of the supported devices in the table are even remotely capable (2+ cores).

Also, a quick search of this community...a good amount of people seek hardware based on price first.

Then you've been staring at 19 unreal posts. You may need a Dr, not a teacher.

Exactly...this isn't OpenWrt specific, just shopping for a developer...

I was going to note that Snort running pFsence on an x86_64 network accelerator device may suit your needs (minus an interactive client API). It definitely has similar code you seek to inspect the traffic.

Everyone who responded so far have demonstrated (at least in threads I've seen) that they have some development experience...and since they're here, in working with OpenWrt (to some degree). Continually screaming "I want a dev" without money - is often fruitless.

This is BSD-based, and they have a firewall for Snort, by the way. Perhaps the BSD forum is a good starting point for you, actually.

hardware based on price first.

please, PLEASE! stop this useless flame. you just hijack my topic. we talking here not about hardware. ps: my own router i making, will be less then 99 baks. 4 core or even more (optionaly) and 2gb ram. not enought? question is rhetorical again, please don't answer. thank you. who seeking for security they not looking for $20 solution anyway.

note that Snort running pFsence on an x86_64
Perhaps the BSD forum is a good starting point for you

you are killer. you can kill any idea also before its will born. not life giver. too sad.
so, even snort (i did even mentioned it before but you said its will not work) is not exists on openwrt? i not get it.

Continually screaming "I want a dev" without money - is often fruitless.

so, its was only your intention? why just not said this in straight - i want money, will talk after. i dont mind to start crowdfunding for this project or find money in another way. but i was tought someone wanna talk about idea itself first. i was probably wrong. "community" here is dead, i seen no live intellect or positive intentions, no desire to inspire at all.
I will go away better, thank you and good bye.

UPD: As i find my topic was locked down without even my request (and without warnings), i'm shocked about totalirizm at this place and asking anyone who still interested send me PM so we can move discussion to another place. Thank you.