Network fails frequently without any apparent reason

Hi,

I own TP-Link WR1043ND v4.
Every now and then network on Ethernet ports fails without any apparent reason. There is no WAN and no LAN. I can't get IP from modem on WAN port and can't get and IP from DHCP on LAN. The switch itself is working since I can still access network drives, however I can't ping any devices connected via Ethernet. The logs and dmesg are literally clean. Not even one mention about the incident. It's been happening to me since early 17.01.0 versions and are still present on 17.01.1. WiFi is working fine on the other hand so there must be something happening on the Ethernet level. Issuing command ifup wan doesn't fix the issue, yet command service network restart does. Please help me resolve this problem.

I'm thinking about abandoning LEDE completely since I can't manage to find any help with this issue.

I found a similar bug report:
https://bugs.lede-project.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=616

May I suggest that you setup one or more of your client devices with a manually locally fixed IP, gateway and dns server, and check if that make any difference while in outage?

Yes, I can do this but I don't thing this will be a fix since WAN also stops working. When I issue ifup wan command I can't get a Public IP from my modem. The internet is dead.

I also noticed that sometimes my VM's that are in bridge mode (seen as router as another PCs) are not getting assigned IP from LEDE. Not gateway, not DHCP server, no anything. It looks the same as when switch fails on computers connected physically via Ethernet ports.

Another thing. Sometimes when I turn ON my computer I also can't get IP from router. Sometimes there is only gateway, sometimes gateway and WINS, sometimes there is nothing.

I would backup my configs, reflash LEDE and start fresh to see if that makes any difference.

What do you mean "start fresh"?
I upgraded my firmware many times. I always copy-paste my configs.

I can send the backup archive to you if you'd like to take a look at my configs.

What I meant was to save your config, reflash everything without "preserve settings", do not restore back those settings (starting fresh), implementing your desired configs one step at a time until you find out possibly what step cause your router to crash.

But I came across you other thread, and I now think that my comment is pretty useless because as you stated, you've done upgrade many times and even had the unit replaced.

I'm sorry but I'm not knowledgeable enough at this time to debug your configs unfortunately. But if you post them, maybe someone else could look at them.

I'm starting to think that there might be a wide hardware issue with v4 after reading this post: LAN stops working every now and then

The author stated that the factory firmware also suffers from this issue.

I've been running my v4.0 for about ten days now with several clients connected to the LAN ports and I haven't experienced any problems. Haven't installed any packages, but I did disable IPv6 in luci.
My internet connection is 250/250Mbit and I'm getting full speed. Also have some client on the Wifi, not problems either.
Version: LEDE Reboot 17.01.1 r3316-7eb58cf109 / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.100.70571-29fabe2)
Model: TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v4