Netgear R7800 LAN1/4 not working

OpenWrt 19.07.1 r10911-c155900f66 / LuCI openwrt-19.07 branch git-20.029.45734-adbbd5c

Originally used TFTP to upload an OpenWRT 18.x version and did a sysupgrade to the more current version listed above. Throughout both versions:

• There are no link lights on any of the ethernet ports on the units.
  • LAN2 and LAN3 work without issue. LAN1 and LAN4 do not.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I don't mind upgrading again to 19.07.2 but that will have to wait until later today.

Can you do a swconfig dev switch0 show ?

root@OpenWrt:~# swconfig dev switch0 show
Global attributes:   
        enable_vlan: 1  
        ar8xxx_mib_poll_interval: 0
        ar8xxx_mib_type: 0
        enable_mirror_rx: 0   
        enable_mirror_tx: 0
        mirror_monitor_port: 0
        mirror_source_port: 0
        arl_age_time: 300
        arl_table: address resolution table 
Port 0: MAC dc:ef:09:e3:2d:17
Port 2: MAC d0:50:99:37:ae:ef                                                         
Port 3: MAC 00:19:99:75:31:85
Port 5: MAC 00:01:5c:87:16:46
Port 6: MAC 58:d9:c3:64:a6:bd
Port 6: MAC b4:6b:fc:d1:61:fe
Port 6: MAC dc:ef:09:e3:2d:16

igmp_snooping: 0                                                              
        igmp_v3: 0
Port 0:       
        mib: ???          
        enable_eee: ???
        vlan_prio: 0
        pvid: 0   
        link: port:0 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex 
Port 1:
        enable_eee: 0                                                                 
        pvid: 1                                                                       
        link: port:1 link:down                                                        
Port 2:                                                                               
        link: port:2 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex txflow rxflow auto 
Port 3:                                                                                                                                                                     
        link: port:3 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex txflow rxflow auto
Port 4:         
        link: port:4 link:down
Port 5:                    
        pvid: 2              
        link: port:5 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex txflow rxflow auto           
Port 6:                      
        enable_eee: ???      
        pvid: 0                            
        link: port:6 link:up speed:1000baseT full-duplex                              
VLAN 1:           
        vid: 1
        ports: 1 2 3 4 6t 
VLAN 2:                
        vid: 2          
        ports: 0t 5

Better way to do blockquotes? Select all and using the button resulted in the output being mangled

No, better is preformatted text (</>). Edit the post above, remove the blockquotes and encapsulate it in preformatted.

Link looks down on ports 1 and 4. 0 and 6 are CPUs and 5 is the wan.
Was there anything connected there the moment you run the command?

Yes, work laptop on Port 4. NIC is enabled on the laptop

With the same cable if you connect on ports 2 and 3 the work laptop it is working fine?

You know, I swore I had checked the cables a month or so ago. I guess it's what I deserve for using cheaper grey cables for everything. All ports work on the "other" grey cable. Sorry for the goose chase trendy.

Quick question: I tried reading the forum thread about R7800 tuning but didn't find what I thought was a definitive answer. Are these still recommended?:

[https://openwrt.org/toh/netgear/r7800#tuning](R7800 Tuning)

I thought I better double check :smiley:

I don't own the specific router, so maybe you should look into threads for this device or start a new one.

No problem, thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.