Netgear r6260 Tx power with stable version

Hello!

I currently have the latest stable release (OpenWrt 21.02.2) on my r6260. Both the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz radios have very low power, similar to some other posts (R6260 - Low TX Power - #15 by MrLurns).

I have two questions:

1. Will the Borromini Sercomm patches ever be added to the stable releases?
  2. Is there a way I could use the solution for another router on the r6260 (Netgear R6350: max power for 5GHz lower after upgrading to 21.02 RC1 - #22 by tsuda)?

Thank you in advance!

Hi! Device page says: This device uses the same OEM firmware as other two (R6350 and R6850)
I've had success mixing firmware between r6350 and r6850, but have not tried r6260.
You'll have to try at your own risk like I did in the reference post :slight_smile:

Thank you for the response @tsuda! I have tried the workarounds without success unfortunately. Has there any progress with integrating the updated Sercomm parser into the latest (22.03) builds @Borromini ?

Not that I know of.

I am still running Borromini's build

@pmlauro What workarounds did you try? I am in the same boat with my R6260 - the best option seems to be to rebuild image myself with the patch on top of stable 21.03? Did you try that already? If it works, would it be possible to share the image? TIA!