Hello all! I am currently using OpenWRT 19.07.3 (r11063-85e04e9f46) on a Netgear EX6100v2 extender to convert a 5Ghz wireless signal into both an ethernet connection and 2.4Ghz wifi network. These both run on their own subnet, separate from the 5Ghz connection. The problem I am having is the 2.4Ghz connection keeps dropping out whenever I start a large download on my laptop. It goes like this:
- I zip a huge folder ~4GB on Google drive and begin the download.
- The download begins and gets usually 100-200MB in on one or both of the zip files.
- The laptop disconnects from the wifi saying it can't be found.
- Everything else connected to it also disconnects, and it no longer appears under any wifi scans.
- It stays like this until I decide to either reboot the entire device or go onto a device on the ethernet connection and reset the interface using LUCI.
This laptop is very new ~1 week old, so I'm gonna do the download on my phone and update the post with the results, because I've never had this issue before I got the laptop. Looking through the logs of the router, I see the following messages:
[ 309.449700] device wlan0 left promiscuous mode [ 309.449919] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered disabled state [ 309.551981] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: peer-unmap-event: unknown peer id 0 [ 309.552589] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: peer-unmap-event: unknown peer id 0 [ 311.779114] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: 10.4 wmi init: vdevs: 16 peers: 48 tid: 96 [ 311.779164] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: msdu-desc: 2500 skid: 32 [ 311.814095] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: wmi print 'P 48/48 V 16 K 144 PH 176 T 186 msdu-desc: 2500 sw-crypt: 0 ct-sta: 0' [ 311.815100] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: wmi print 'free: 56528 iram: 23400 sram: 32520' [ 312.105845] ath10k_ahb a000000.wifi: Firmware lacks feature flag indicating a retry limit of > 2 is OK, requested limit: 4 [ 312.107378] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlan0: link is not ready [ 312.124104] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered blocking state [ 312.124145] br-lan: port 2(wlan0) entered disabled state
Could anyone tell me what this means? I have no idea why the wlan0 interface is getting disabled, is it a firmware issue or something?