Netgear EX3700 vlan config

I've installed LEDE on a Netgear EX3700 - this is a single port AP device with an MT7620A switch.
The default /etc/network file is:

config interface 'loopback'
	option ifname 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'blah:blah:blah::/48'

config interface 'lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	option ifname 'eth0'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'

config device 'lan_dev'
	option name 'eth0'
	option macaddr 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'

This config works fine - I can adjust the static IP to sit on my network and it does it's job of connecting wifi clients to my network as a dumb AP.

The problem I'm having is enabling and configuring VLANS. I need to do this to have two SSIDs on the AP, one regular and one guest. Using swconfig, I can see that switch0 exists, it has 7 ports, and 0 & 6 have a 100Mbps connection (not sure why two are connected...). When I try the following network config, it breaks and I can't access the device:

config interface 'loopback'
	option ifname 'lo'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
	option netmask '255.0.0.0'

config globals 'globals'
	option ula_prefix 'blah:blah:blah::/48'

config interface 'lan'
	option type 'bridge'
	option ifname 'eth0.1'
	option proto 'static'
	option ipaddr '192.168.1.1'
	option netmask '255.255.255.0'
	option ip6assign '60'

config device 'lan_dev'
	option name 'eth0'
	option macaddr 'xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx'

config switch0 'eth0'
	option reset '1'
	option eneable_vlan '1'

config switch0_vlan 'eth0_1'
	option device 'eth0'
	option vlan '1'
	option ports '0 6'

I tried various versions of this, with a separate vlan and interface for each of the 7 ports, and that failed too.

I installed Luci, and there is no menu choice to configure the switch. If I simply add the "config switch0 'eth0' section, then the switch config shows up in Luci, but there is a warning stating that the switch is unrecognized.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help!

Have you tried using a vlan device, such as eth0.10, without configuring the switch?

I haven't. How would I do that? Would I configure an additional interface with ifname of eth0.10?

You shouldn't need to configure a guest interface since the AP doesn't need an IP address in that VLAN. It should be enough to use the eth0.X (X=VLAN tag) ifname in the WiFi configuration.

Ok - it was a while before I could test it... for some reason I couldn't use the eth0.X ifname in Wifi config. I tried it in the wifi-device section, because that it where ifname is an option, but it didn't work. I tried it in the wifi-iface section for network, but that failed.

I got it to work by just configuring a gst interface in the network file and then using gst in the wifi-iface section.

Thanks for all the help!