Netgear EX3700 slow 2.4GHz speed

Hello,
I was using the OEM firmware with the fastlane technology from Netgear (connect to router with 5ghz and users with 2.4hz). It was working on high speed 60-100Mbps. But it was disconnecting from the router in the 112 DFS channel every 2 or 3 hours (in other non-DFS channels it didn't happen, no idea why). Well, as I wanted to use a DFS channel, I decided to install OpenWrt 19.07.2. I connected to router with 5Ghz and to users with 2.4Ghz. Speeds to the router are about 100-120Mbps but the speed of the 2.4Ghz network I connect to is 10Mbps which is not normal. It bottlenecks the network and I get only 10Mbps of internet speed.
I tried to change to every channel and force the 40Mhz (which stayed to 20MHz) but didn't improve. (The good thing now is that it doesn't disconnect from the router using the 112 DFS channel but speed is super low, and I am desperate to fix it...). Any ideas how to solve this problem?? :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot in advanced.

Alex

Config:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
	option type 'mac80211'
	option hwmode '11a'
	option path 'pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0'
	option channel 'auto'
	option country 'ES'
	option htmode 'VHT80'

config wifi-device 'radio1'
	option type 'mac80211'
	option hwmode '11g'
	option path 'platform/10180000.wmac'
	option htmode 'HT40'
	option country 'ES'
	option channel '11'
	option legacy_rates '0'

config wifi-iface 'default_radio1'
	option device 'radio1'
	option network 'lan'
	option mode 'ap'
	option key 'PASSWORD'
	option ssid 'MOVISTAR_407C_EXT'
	option wds '1'
	option encryption 'psk-mixed+ccmp'

config wifi-iface 'wifinet1'
	option ssid 'MOVISTAR_407C'
	option device 'radio0'
	option mode 'sta'
	option key 'PASSWORD'
	option network 'wwan'
	option encryption 'psk2'

I'm having the same problem, if you connect Lan to the receiver at 5ghz you will get full speed via Lan,amazing speed btw, but when you bridge receiving 5 ghz and sending 2.4 Ghz, same as "fastlane technology" using relayd package the sending speed of the 2.4 Ghz, just goes down the drain, to an unbelievable 10Mbps or even worst, there's a huge bottleneck here, and I don't know why, if you use stock firmware from Netgear you get decent speeds not with openwrt, don't know if is owing to chip being over stressed or some non improvement of this firmware to this specific wireless repeater.

1 Like

Just found out that on 2.4 ghz , if you turn legacy mode instead of "n" you get same results on downloading, but on uploading, this option "n" you get good results, but on downloads is the same result as "legacy" or "n", so it must be a software issue.

Legacy Mode - Left is RX right is TX

legacy

N enabled Left is RX right is TX

N

As you can see no difference in receiving, is like N doesn't work at all hence the low transfer speed.