Netgear AC1200 (EX6150v2) hangs on "overlayfs"

Hi all

I have tried to install open-wrt on my Netgear AC1200 Access Point (EX6150v2 PCB-ID: 2976528503) but after the flash process the access point wasn't able to boot completly. I created two logfiles over the debug serial console of the access point. One is from the offical stock firmware and the oder one of openwrt-18.02.06. When i flash the access point with nmrpflash back to the stock firmware it will run fine again.

The open-wrt hangs on the following bootup step:

[   22.162436] jffs2_build_filesystem(): erasing all blocks after the end marker...
[   23.130092] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered blocking state
[   23.136593] br-lan: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
[   23.143012] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): br-lan: link becomes ready
[   46.222461] done.
[   46.222527] jffs2: notice: (969) jffs2_build_xattr_subsystem: complete building xattr subsystem, 0 of xdatum (0 unchecked, 0 orphan) and 0 of xref (0 dead, 0 orphan) found.
[   46.599027] overlayfs: upper fs does not support tmpfile.

Here can you find both startup logfiles: (Edit: Better download source)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oiPxvDwU9dtuPOF9CYk0DKFIml9AsjGO?usp=sharing

Did you have any idea how i can solve this issue? Im completly new in the open-wrt sceen.

Thanks for your support

Looks booted to me.... your on console?
Did you try accessing LUCI from the network (wired)? 192.168.1.1
Otherwise try pressing (f) when it asks.... then > mount_root > passwd; ifconfig etc.

Ok, strange ...

i have three of this access points and i tried to flash an other one and it works with the first try. The third one also works. Only the first one isn't accessible over the network. I think that one has some technical issues. I will flash it to the factory firmware and send it back to the seller to replace that one.

Thanks for your effort.

Silverstar

1 Like

No problemo and good to hear...

5mins checking tidy logs beats 20mins asking for them

:slight_smile:

( note: the doc's I found for that device were non-wiki informative commits, so if anyone active with this device wants to add wiki information's ... by all means - pretty cool looking things! )

2 Likes

How were you able to access the debug serial console of the access point? Hi have not been able to find the serial pins?