Need to compile WRT for rtl819x

hi all
I have to compile new firmware for generic range extender but always I got errors
could any one help me to try compile it 49840164_271678606832235_3602168378002767872_n

Just my two cents, but I do not think a photo of the chip is going to be of much use to anybody wanting to help you, I would rather describe exactly what have you done so far, and what results have you seen.

There is not a single device with RTL8197D supported by OpenWrt.
If you want to know why, search the forum for "Lexra"

In order not to waste any more time, you should buy a device which is known to be supported by OpenWrt.

thanks eduperez the problem I try to compile the open wrt via SDK I always got errors
I try search about realtek SDK for open wrt and no chance what is proper producers for that

I have to build the firmware for even from scratch because I have alot of this device and I need to correct the software if you know any proper way to compile firmware for this chip please guid me

What linux / programming skills do you have?
How much time are you willing to invest?

1 Like

I'm good at linux but it's my first time compile any firmware ??? could you please advice me

There is zero arch support for lexra in OpenWrt, adding that will be a considerable amount of lowest-level development work in kernel, binutils, musl, etc. - before you get even close to anything OpenWrt specific.

If you need to ask for advice, you won't be able to do it. Adding a new arch with zero upstream support is far beyond crossing out items on a checklist.

ERROR: Missing site config for target "rlx-openwrt-linux-uclibc" !
       The missing file will cause configure scripts to fail during compilation.
       Please provide a "/home/rtk_openwrtSDK_v2.1_20140314_full/rtk_openwrt/include/site/rlx-openwrt-linux-uclibc" file and restart the build.
make[2]: *** [prereq] Error 1
make[1]: *** [prereq] Error 2
make: *** [world] Error 2

what can I do now ???

Talk to the whoever provided you with that vendor SDK, it's not provided by OpenWrt. We aren't familiar with it, we can't help you.

Even if it may have been derived from an ancient OpenWrt code base, it has been massively modified by the vendor and has very little in common with OpenWrt anymore.

2 Likes

8devices is the only one I know that got somewhat recent and modified OpenWrt under 3.18 kernel running on RTL8197FS based Kinkan board.

this https://sourceforge.net/projects/realtek/files/rtk_openwrtSDK_v2.4_20150724.tar.gz/download is a newer one, haven't tried it

ERROR: Missing site config for target "rlx-openwrt-linux-uclibc" !
       The missing file will cause configure scripts to fail during compilation.
       Please provide a "/home/rtk_openwrtSDK_v2.4_20150724/rtk_openwrt_sdk/include/site/rlx-openwrt-linux-uclibc" file and restart the build.
make[2]: *** [prereq] Error 1
make[1]: *** [prereq] Error 2
make: *** [world] Error 2

where I can find this file I try and try got same error

could any one help me fixing this error or compile the firnware for me with paid session ?

1 Like

try this one https://sourceforge.net/projects/rtl8197xd-v2-5-pkg/files/
or https://github.com/AlexeySofree/openwrt-rtl819x but copy the .config from the link above, and read the READ_ME files ! for your error you are missing the right .config file

cp config/.config .config
1 Like