Need New DavidC502 Thread

That's been my point. There is nothing to support this capability in OpenWrt. But this might not be the same chip, ours tops out at 1.8GHz and probably has the same number of steps.

The directory is staged.

Should have the build today or tomorrow.

2 Likes

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/services/vpn/openvpn/client

Used this guide to do most of it by script :hugs: I'm in the uk so obviously changed the steps accordingly.

It now seems to be working fine :grinning:

Only wonder is if I can "clean up" things.

Thanks. I now see r7210 from yesterday and will give it a try. Your last few builds have been great for me, so thanks for all your work on this project.

Dear Dave Hello and I hope that you have been well.
On r7210 - when I set a static IP Address on the router - the internet connection dies - the router will not resolve internet addresses. However, I am just offering feedback. I really do appreciate all your hard work and assistance. I know that it is a labor of love but I know it isn't easy either.
The last few build have been rock solid. I only tested r7210 on a pair of WRT3200ACM routers.
Also how does one go about setting up wireless on the latest build?
Any feedback regarding these issues will be appreciated. Again - thanks Dave Sincerely

Peace,

directnupe

PS - I just tried r7210 and my WRT1200AC V1 and the same issue persisted. When I set new static IP address on Lan the router become where it refused internet connections. I do not know if anyone else is experiencing this as well. If there is a fix - I am all ears. Again - I am just reporting my experience.

@davidc, have you seen the following issue ?: Pre-compiled updated mwlwifi drivers for stable releases
I do have this problem as well with your latest build, would be great if you can fix this in the next build or tell me how to fix it in r7093...

Yeah, I'm one of those who recently found their way here (assisted by the recent price drop in the WRT32X).

One question: that relatively recent page on the Linksys forum suggests the WRT32X can only be flashed via serial console (that was for the 3200ACM firmware) but more recent posts in this thread suggest that DavidC502s specific WRT32X firmwares can be flashed via the web GUI from the stock Linksys firmware. There's no indication on his own site as to which is the case. Can anyone confirm for me, please?

The Davidc502 build and daily Snapshot builds can be flashed from Linksys Venom GUI.
I have done both recently without issue.

1 Like

Yep as of OpenWrt 18.06 branch and newer you can flash the WRT32X directly. Use davidc502's latest builds from here: https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/

1 Like

If you are interested in DD-WRT:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315339

Updated Link:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569

Hello to any and all in this the Davidc502 LEDE Snapshots thread. I am having an issue with setting a static IP address on r7210. Once I change the address from 192.168.1.1 to any other address - I then can no longer browse the internet. Is anyone else experiencing this same development? Please assist me in setting up another IP address other than the default IP address of 192.168.1.1.
I swear by Dave's Builds and the former thread seemed to be much more responsive in terms of response time and helping one another. Hopefully, that continues here. I am anxious to run r7210 but this issue is tying my hands at the present time. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Peace,

directnupe

PS -
I am asking that if anyone else has successfully changed their default IP address would you please assist me in also being able to achieve changing 192.168.1.1 to the desired IP address of my router as well.
Step by step instructions will be greatly appreciated.

192.168.1.1 is the gateway for everything on your LAN. So, if this is changed to any other address, then all devices on the LAN need to be updated. Otherwise, nothing is getting out to the internet.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

EDIT

After you have changed the Gateway IP, on a windows machine do a ipconfig /release and then and ipconfig /renew and see if the gateway IP address has changed. If not, there may be one other place to edit.

1 Like

@davidc502, is there a changelog for your newest build available ?
Did you update the wifi driver and changed dnscrypt-proxy with v2 ?

I don't have a changelog.. I've been threatening to do one though :slight_smile:

Yes, wifi has been updated to 10.3.8.0-20180614.

dnscrypt-proxy version 1 is included in the build. If you want version 2 then it would need to be done separately.

1 Like

Thanks Dave for your reply - I did do this below as you suggested:

After you have changed the Gateway IP, on a windows machine do a ipconfig /release and then and ipconfig /renew and see if the gateway IP address has changed. If not, there may be one other place to edit.

Where might be that " other place to edit." ? - I ask this because I have been running your Builds for well over a year and I always followed ( including now on r7210 ) the practice you suggested and everything worked fine. Not this time however. Also do I only need to enter " key " for WPA2 on new Wireless Setup page? My main issue is with Lan not resolving - so if you can point me to that other edit - I will be most grateful.
Thanks again for your time and efforts

Peace,

directnupe

Brainslayer says that 10.3.8.0-20180614 is completely broken on Mamba (v1). Any word on this?

A changelog would be nice but if it takes too much of your time i can live without one. Just keep it up with ur great builds. :slight_smile:

And i'm happy with the new build as long as the wifi has been updated.
The only thing i haven't managed is to back up my settings and easy restore em.
I always boot the Linksys partition and flash your builds from there and then reconfigure everything from the scratch.
Anyway i dont have that much custom stuff running, only some custom firewall rules for my isolated guest network, dnscrypt-proxy, adblock, a few port forwards and a custom DynDNS provider.
It only takes about 10-15 mins for my setup and that's not a problem for me...
But it would be nice to save all my fw rules + interface settings and restore them but i'm not sure if it will work that way.

@All: (If you start from the scratch like me)Keep in mind to modify SQM so it will still work if WAN interface goes up and down / reconnects.
Details: [Solved/hotfixed] SQM does not reinitialize after ifdown/ifup - #23 by Kherby

Just skimmed through BrainSlayer's troubleshooting of mlwifi. It's a shame this driver still has so many issues, but he's amazing :slight_smile:

Anyway @BIOHazard87 if you skim further down that bug report yuhhaurlin said it was fixed in the new driver which davidc502 included in the new build.

I don't think the driver to fix the AC1900 v1 is included in the build... looking at the notes the fixed driver is 10.3.8.0-20180615 - DavidC502 has 10.3.8.0-20180614...

According to yuhhaurlin: fixed by 10.3.8.0-20180615.

Perhaps it wasn't fixed then. Wish davidc502 would make a new thread for his builds, his summary covering all the details of his build was very helpful. Besides this LEDE forum is far better/more advanced than the dead OpenWrt one was anyway.

1 Like