Need help setting up VLAN

So I don’t have a lot of knowledge behind deep networking but just the good ole QOS/SQM stuff. Well today I really would like someone to help me or teach me how to set up a VLAN. Currently my set up is modem to nano pi r6s router with immortalwrt snapshot and then my ASUS GT-AX11000 pro configured into AP mode. Both immortalwrt and ASUS firmware support VLAN but I would really like to isolate my gaming pc into its own so I can keep its traffic isolated from the 20-30 devices I have connected to my network. Now I don’t know how to approach this.. Do I connect my pc to the ap and use its vlam features, or do I connect to my nano and somehow tag eth0 as a VLAN. Unfortunately I’ve tried both methods but I seem to lose internet every time I try. If anyone has some knowledge on VLANS and if they have time to help someone out. Please respond back. It would be greatly appreciated.

Highly recommend you consult the videos:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/wifiextenders/bridgedap#external_videos_for_reference

It appears you are using firmware that is not from the official OpenWrt project.

When using forks/offshoots/vendor-specific builds that are "based on OpenWrt", there may be many differences compared to the official versions (hosted by OpenWrt.org). Some of these customizations may fundamentally change the way that OpenWrt works. You might need help from people with specific/specialized knowledge about the firmware you are using, so it is possible that advice you get here may not be useful.

You may find that the best options are:

1. Install an official version of OpenWrt, if your device is supported (see https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org).
  2. Ask for help from the maintainer(s) or user community of the specific firmware that you are using.
  3. Provide the source code for the firmware so that users on this forum can understand how your firmware works (OpenWrt forum users are volunteers, so somebody might look at the code if they have time and are interested in your issue).

If you believe that this specific issue is common to generic/official OpenWrt and/or the maintainers of your build have indicated as such, please feel free to clarify.

Sadly my x86 nano is not officially supported by openwrt I believe cause openwrt has not switched to a higher kernel version yet. So I can’t install an official image of openwrt. The original firmware of my router was friendlywrt but I believe immortalwrt is the closest image to openwrt. I just don’t have any knowledge behind VLANS and I would like to learn.

Because the friendlywrt and immortalwrt firmware versions are significantly different than official OpenWrt, they way that VLANs are implemented are likely also very different. You need to ask them for help since they have specific knowledge about their firmware and how it works with VLANs.

I don’t think I’ve seen forums for friendlywrt or immortalwrt.

I don’t know. I haven’t used them. But those firmware versions are not supportable here because of how different they are. They must have some support channel, though.