Need help setting up OpenWrt upgrade

I found it and I’m doing it now

Excellent, as you see (due to not answering simple questions) - you're proceeding at your own risk with no guarantee anyone here can help.

I’m trying to do the best that I can. I did perform reset to rest to defaults and it’s doing that right now

You doing your best when you've been asked 7 times if you mean Open Wrt or Qrt when it says Art... and request to answer...and I volunteered to fix the title for you.

ok, sure

(BTW, you'll need to answer that if you have WiFi issues, that's why I was trying to get an answer first.) :warning:

If you don't understand what I'm asking, please have me clarify for you.

Does the reset to defaults take a little while because it’s still doing whatever it’s doing. It says erasing the configuration partition now and will reboot itself when finished

It depends...

• Are you running Open Art, Qrt or Wrt???? (8th time I've asked you)
  • What are you expecting when it reboots (I hope not WiFi, cause I warned you about that already)

(If you don't understand the question, ask me instead of ignoring it 8 times.)

1 Like

So now your messing with me. I made a typo era and I’m sorry. Let me tell you what I did so you can tell if I did something wrong. I hit generate archive then I downloaded it. Was I supposed to reset to defaults before I restored the backup?

THANK YOU!

I'm not messing with you!

There are different firmware, and there's a way to accidentally flash you WiFi chip and mess it up!!!

And when you messup your WiFi chip, that part of the flash is called??? ART!!!

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY ANSWERING, now I can edit the page title!!!

You were supposed to download the archive first.

Anyways, can you access the Internet?

It’s taking a while because it disconnected while while it was performing the defaults. Now it’s not showing up in available wifi networks

I did download the archive first

Good, then you have a backup.

I know!

I told you (this is why I tried to get all these answered before you reset your device):

You can open the config file and read the wireless config if you need the exact setting to copy/paste. Since you proceeded already, that's the best way to handle it now. Glad you got your backup!

I’m not in the wan, I’ve always plugged it into the lan port

I don’t have a hard wire network, it’s through wifi. It’s a modem/router

:confused: I didn't say you were (and I was asking about Interent).

So...you're saying you have a second non-OpenWrt modem/router that has Internet; and you use WiFi to connect to it, correct?

This is an oxymoron; but I think I understand. Please answer and we can proceed.

(I hope your connection issues weren't simply due to the upstream WiFi changing channels, because all of this would be futile; but too late now, you have to setup your OpenWrt anyways now...that's why it's easier to answer questions first. :wink: )