Need bridge hardware recomentation

I have two machines with an internal AP so you can connect with a laptop as a client to configure them and control them. They both have the same IP and this can not be changed. They have a DHCP in the AP so the laptop get a IP from the machine.

What would like to do is connect these to our cable network and connect to the machines from my office pc.
So I need two devices that could act as a bridge i.e connect to the machine wifi and then make the machine available on the office ip network and stopping DHCP going thru to the lan. Like this. The machine has a set IP that is 192.168.200.1 the wifi interface on the bridge gets IP 192.168.200.10. The rj45 interface on the bridge have a static ip of 192.168.1.100. I want to be able to connect to use the 192.168.1.100 address in the application to connect to 192.168.200.1 address. Bare in mind that I have two machines that both have 192.168.200.1 and that cant be changed so I can not use normal ip routing.

Is this possible with openwrt and if so what is the best hardware to use?

This can be done by forwarding port(s) from the office network to the machine network. From the office side each machine would have an independent IP, that of its router. From the machine side it would appear that someone is connected directly from a .200.X IP (that of the wifi interface in the router), even though it's really an office PC with a different IP. Since this is layer 3 routing, DHCP traffic and other broadcasts from the machine will be blocked, which is probably what you want, assuming the application does not use them.

Running two machines through one router might be possible but it would be a lot more complicated, especially since duplicate IPs are involved. So I'd buy two routers. If you don't need a lot of performance, a basic single band pocket router from GL-Inet would be appropriate. That's assuming the machine is single band anyway, and you'll be able to place the router close to it, and a 30 Mbps throughput will be fast enough.

1 Like

I need two bridges/gateways/bridges since each machine has a set ip,192.168.200.1, and it's own WiFi SSID (forgot to mention this).

What you suggest is in reality a inverted firewall on the office network with a port forward. I didn't think about that.

Thanks for the suggestion how to solve it.