Need assistance with customizing HTML, CSS, and JavaScript on GL-E750 iNet Mudi

Hi fellow developers,

I'm currently working on customizing the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript on my GL-E750 iNet device and could use some guidance. I'm interested in personalizing the user interface and adding some custom functionality.

Could someone please help me with the following questions?

1. How can I modify the existing HTML templates on GL-E750 iNet to match my desired design aesthetic?
  2. What is the best way to add custom CSS styles to the GL-E750 iNet web pages without affecting the device's performance?
  3. Are there any recommended practices or resources to customize the JavaScript behavior on GL-E750 iNet?
  4. Is it possible to integrate third-party JavaScript libraries into the GL-E750 iNet's web interface? If so, what steps should I follow?
  5. Are there any limitations or considerations I should keep in mind while customizing the HTML, CSS, and JavaScript on the GL-E750 iNet device?

Any assistance or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Anthony

Getting this working is a quite involved task, which will require continued and continuous attention for years, as the underlying code has changed significantly in recent times and will continue to do so. At the same time your questions appear to be rather vague, considering the task at hand - or phrased differently, you have the whole source at your fingertips, including multiple themes, luci apps and more that can be used as an example, what are your actual problems?

If you're really looking for meta-information or a 1-2-3 guide to success for your particular -unspecified- ideas, I'm afraid there is none. To quote Steve Ballmer, "Developers, developers, developers", if you want to make changes, you are in the driving seat and have to do the actual development, that includes a quick orientation session of the status quo and how to get started. If things were easy, it probably would have been done already - at least for things that go beyond "I want everything to be pink".

Have you tried to just edit the template files?

Unless you create really huge CSS files, the performance should not be affected at all: the router just serves the files to the browser, it's the client who interprets them.

The same as you would do with any other web-based application: modify the template files to include the libraries and then invoke them.

This is funny because ive changed the UI to pink/purple (BT Colours) :slight_smile: