[SOLVED] Multi LAN communication

Hello,

first of all, I have to say that I don't know if my following question concerns OpenWRT, Proxmox or Linux so don't hesitate to tell me if so, I'll ask my question accordingly.

As a result of trying to achieve my network, everything works fine for now, except when I setup a VM with both NIC: one on ADM and one on MYDOMAIN (share, wiki...). They both managed to get an IP from their respective DHCP (eth0.1000 and eth0.1200), but once the MYDOMAIN IP is up, the ADM ip becomes unresponsive from my main computer located on MYDOMAIN.

After some debugging, I think I've figured out why: as the connection to the IP on ADM comes from an IP on MYDOMAIN, and it has also an IP on MYDOMAIN, it tries to respond on this one instead of routing throw the ADM one.

I can receive the connection from my main computer and the container, but nothing goes out:

root@share:~# tcpdump -i eth0 -n
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on eth0, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 262144 bytes
17:19:52.568114 IP 192.168.1.12.58966 > 192.168.3.132.8000: Flags [S], seq 2387158420, win 64240, options [mss 1460,sackOK,TS val 2355373463 ecr 0,nop,wscale 7], length 0

I have really no idea about how to tell my VM to respond on ADM interface. Is there any particular rule to add on my OpenWRT ? Maybe with masquerading ?
An other solution I have in mind is to tagg (trunk) the MYDOMAIN interface with VLAN 1200 (ADM) and add an interface on my laptop so it could join the ADM vlan like this:

Am I right ?

Thanks again for your answers !

I finally tagged my first interface with vlan 1200 and now I can have a direct connection to it, not ideal but it works !

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.