MT7688 firmware

Hi
I am working on MT7688 Linux SBC module, i need one help. I want flash YUN firmware (Arduino YUN) on MT7688 module (HLK 7688A). Can anyone will help me, i want to understand in detail how to do. I am new to linux and openWrt platform.

Regards
Suman

Many posts on the HLK-7688 already. Perhaps reading through some of them will get you started.

https://forum.openwrt.org/search?q=HLK%207688

With embedded devices you usually can't flash firmware for device X on device Y, even if they have the same chips. The firmware encodes a huge amount of information about how the board is "wired" and how the flash is intended to be used.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response.

With embedded devices you usually can't flash firmware for device X on device Y, even if they have the same chips. The firmware encodes a huge amount of information about how the board is "wired" and how the flash is intended to be used

Both the Arduino YUN and HLK-7688A are having same flash size and other hardware too.

Is it possible to make it work ?

For my project I need to do

Regards

Suman

If you mean just by flashing the 7688 image on a YUN, unlikely, and you could permanently damage the YUN.

You would need to port the Arduino YUN to current OpenWrt. The sources that I've seen for the YUN are "ancient" (6-7 years) from when the kernel configuration was done completely differently. This would require getting the complete hardware description of the YUN (not just which pins on the connectors the GPIOs are), including its board layout, how the flash is partitioned, and how its boot loader works.

Ok i understand now thanks, what about Dragino YUN firmware.

It seems they maintain their firmware very well.

Is it possible to flash Dragino YUN firmware on HLK-7688A module ?