MT7621AT/MT7615N Firmware build system?

Hey all. Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm trying my hand at flashing my D-Link DIR-882 with a custom build, and I'm stuck at the Firmware section -- it doesn't seem to have anything listed for the router's LAN/WLAN chips (see title).

Is this because it's not needed, or...?

I believe a minimal firmware is needed, but either way, selecting the hardware profile for your device will pull that in. Check the Makefile (mt7621.mk) for the custom packages your device pulls in.

1 Like

It will be picked up by default It's named kmod-mt7615-firmware . If You don't add own code to the build I recommend OpenWrt Firmware Selector .It contains feature "Customize installed packages" to create image with pre-installed packages

2 Likes

Thanks both for your advice, and @nicefile for the heads up about the Firmware Selector! I'd previously used the build system to slim down a build for a 8MB flash device (RE305 I refuse to let you die yet lol), but this looks perfect for this use case.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.