MR42/MR52 LEDs

We've veered far off topic for this thread already, I'm just saying the well selected x86_64 hardware can be powerful, while still having low idle-power consumption. Alderlake-n can start around 5 watts, full-blown core-i systems around 11-15 watts - but if you don't choose wisely for the purpose at hand, it may also start around 60 watts idle (or even in the lower three-figure range, if you throw your old gaming rig at it).

For 10 GBit/s routing, I would select a reasonably recent (skylake/ kabylake or newer) i5 with two 10 GBit/s ethernet cards (power consumption depends on the mainboard - and the absence of optional hardware).

Where's the Blue LED gone then?

What does that have to do with my question?

Exactly. If it doesn't exist, why does the 52 have it, and it's the same, just is a 4x4 instead of a 3x3

1 Like

Bump. How does one go about submitting a PR? Since it would appear some people want to argue with what's right in front of them

Details are here:
https://openwrt.org/faq/how_do_i_send_prs_pull_requests

Thanks! Hopefully someone will beat me to it :slight_smile:

You are able to use your MR42/MR52 with master snapshot images because I filed a bug for the MR42/52 and verified the fix :slight_smile:

The single system LED on the MR42/MR52 is an RGB LED. Unless someone has access to the original Meraki DTS files for both of these devices, we can't identify the exact GPIO pins and their corresponding logic levels for the green and blue modes. We need this information to modify the DTS files so the kernel can recognize them. For now, "orange" and "white" on both MR42/MR52 are good enough for me.

FYI, MR42 and MR52 are not only different in terms of their antenna configurations, but also in terms of their main WIFI radio hardware.

So, why does the MR52 files have, the correct code, but the 42 doesn't? This doesn't add up.

Who told you that MR52 has the correct code? Like MR42, it currently does NOT have any GPIO settings in the DTS for green and blue modes for the system LED.

1 Like

I'm not argueing this anymore. Clearly you haven't read the dts

The settings in MR52 DTS are wrong and not working. That's all you need to know.

1 Like

Then let's work together to get it fixed, instead of fighting each other

1 Like

We can track the issue here. So far we found the wrong address of the chip that controls RGB (0x4c instead of 0x49). However, we could not yet make any further progress because none of its register addresses seem to work at all.

1 Like

Great! This is a start, but what about the MR42?