MPTCP support and usage

When compiling my image and going into kernel_menuconfig -> networking support -> networking options and enabling MPTCP: Multipath tcp .

From here I can compile successfully though when running make menuconfig I'm struggling to find the MPTCP package.

Once I load the compiled firmware on my router, running sysctl net.mptcp.enabled immediately outputs net.mptcp.enabled = 1 though I cant seem to use any of the commands such as mptcpd or multipath -c etc.. I just get not found errors.

Is there anything I'm missing? Should there specifically be mptcp settings in menuconfig?

uname -r output:

cat /etc/openwrt_release output:

DISTRIB_ID='OpenWrt'                                                                                             
DISTRIB_RELEASE='21.02.0'                                                                                        
DISTRIB_REVISION='r16279-5cc0535800'                                                                             
DISTRIB_TARGET='ipq40xx/generic'                                                                                 
DISTRIB_ARCH='arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4'                                                                          
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION='OpenWrt 21.02.0 r16279-5cc0535800'                                                          
DISTRIB_TAINTS='no-all busybox'

Why are you using an unsupported Openwrt version, 21.02 went end of life a year ago.

comes with the router OS. I have to work from an SDK and this the version that comes with it. Im not sure if I can I upgrade the underlying openwrt version without messing with the existing image

then you need to ask the RouterOS people.

1 Like

If you are having to work with a butchered SDK, we are sadly unable to help here.
You have proprietary drivers in the IPQ4019 SDKs that do strange things to throughput which cannot be replicated in actual Openwrt.

I see. Much appreciated, will update here if I find anything

1 Like

I added

src-git openmptcprouter_feeds https://github.com/Ysurac/openmptcprouter-feeds.git;v0.59.1

to feeds.conf.default then ran ./scripts/feeds install -d y -p openmptcprouter_feeds mptcp mptcpd then make at which point it complained about argp-standalone not existing so I copy and pasted the makefile and patches and ran scripts/feeds install again.

I now see mptcp in make menuconfig and have access to commands like multipath. Going to setup vpn to server and update if it works or not.

The base firmware here is not from the official OpenWrt project. It is a proprietary fork and is entirely different, including the SDK that is in use. With that in mind, this is not the right forum for this conversation - instead, this should be discussed on the openmptcp related sites/support channels.

This topic was automatically closed after 62 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.