MP3 streams in MPD-MINI

I'll post a patch to the mailing list when I get on a computer.

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-January/021136.html

1 Like

Thank you for your help neheb! Lets see what happen next.

Turns out the issue is in ffmpeg. It's trying to assemble for AVX for some reason.

Ok, so we have to wait for ffmpeg guys to fix the problem. Shoult take a while until it´s working in openwrt again.

I got rid of the nasm patch. It's actually incorrect. Although it will be needed for 19.07...

Here's a better one:

--- a/include/target.mk
+++ b/include/target.mk
@@ -177,8 +177,8 @@ ifeq ($(DUMP),1)
     CPU_CFLAGS_octeonplus = -march=octeon+ -mabi=64
   endif
   ifeq ($(ARCH),i386)
-    CPU_TYPE ?= pentium
-    CPU_CFLAGS_pentium = -march=pentium-mmx
+    CPU_TYPE ?= pentium-mmx
+    CPU_CFLAGS_pentium-mmx = -march=pentium-mmx
     CPU_CFLAGS_pentium4 = -march=pentium4
   endif
   ifneq ($(findstring arm,$(ARCH)),)

Again, I would like runtime testing as I don't have the hardware.

1 Like

In the meantime I updated to 19.07.0 final.
This is a diff file, right? Can you please guide me to use it?

What I already have done:

1. Set up a VMware with debian server.
  2. Followed the Quick Image Building Guide
  3. Compiled openwrt 19.07.0 myself (without modifications, just to test)
  4. Added driver for PC Engines WRAP LED´s
  5. My WRAP´s LED´s now flashing! :joy:

But now I have to learn how to use your diff. After I have compiled, I can test if it´s working.

Assuming you used got, copy to a file and run

git apply file

Ok, so far. I got an error:

marcus@openwrt-dev:~/dev_hdd/openwrt$ git apply target.diff
error: fehlerhafter Patch bei Zeile 13
marcus@openwrt-dev:~/dev_hdd/openwrt$

Rights and ownership of file should be ok. I don´t know your german skills, in english: something is wrong in row 13. If I count right, it ist

ifneq ($(findstring arm,$(ARCH)),)

But that´s exactly what´s written in target.mk

Just make the changes manually

Ok, got it. But now I fight with make menuconfig. I thought dependencies will get selected automatically? When I select "mpd-full", it select "pulseaudio-daemon" (but I want to use alsa, like before), but nothing else. No ffmpeg or something?

EDIT: Okay, is compiling now. Of course ffmpeg is not selected. Instead libffmpeg. My fault. But why pulseaudio-daemon is auto-selected?

EDIT2: Compiler finished without errors. Got Images to flash. Will try it later.

EDIT3: At least, my spare ALIX is booting with this image and is accessible via luci. mpd-full is in the list of installed packages, libffmpeg-audio-dec also. Right now, it looks very promising. I will try tomorrow if MPD is playing.

Success!!

MPD is playing fine again. My local FLAC´s and Internet-Radio stream´s. The rest (configured as dumb-AP) behaves like ever. Thank you @neheb! Sadly I can´t tag your solution as a soultion, because I wasn´t the threat-starter. :cry:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.