Modem Docsis 3.0 ok with this router?

Hi all,
I am hoping to upgrade my router this month from Archer C7 to this one: (NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800). I was wondering, will that router handle bufferbloat fine at a higher mb/ps than 50mb down 38mb up (my current settings) even with a Docsis 3.0 modem? (My current Netgear CM700). Feedback would be much appreciated.
Thank you,
-Jarod

50 MBit/s yes, beyond ~180 MBit/s, no.

Ok, so if I get Docsis 3.1 I'd be able to handle higher bufferbloat than ~180mbps with that router? Or is it just the limitation of the router (I think you mentioned the router's limitations being around 190mbps in my post here)?

Edit: I worded my original post wrong. But am wondering if I can get better SQM QoS handling in a Docsis 3.1 system vs Docsis 3.0, or if they are about the same

Then why are you asking? Yes, the limit for sqm/cake on ipq8065 is around 190 MBit/s - 180 MBit/s is playing it slightly safe (I probably should have said 160-175 MBit/s to be further on the safe side) for a device recommendation. That are your margins, choose accordingly.

1 Like

Because I don't want to use a Docsis 3.0 modem if it can't handle a router's SQM QoS at 100mbps, while the router can handle alot more than that (190). Ok that sounds good, Thanks for those details I appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.