Mobile SIM solution

What about this one

Should work based on description. Cannot voulch for quality etc...

Note that this is for mini-PCIe and non m.2 modems. Great if that's what you need, but better make sure. The m.2 variants are often easier to find and cheaper since they are used in laptops.

The adapter is also limited to USB2, but that's also fine if you aren't considering more powerful modems than cat6. But then you'll usually have to provide more power too.

Stay away from the Huawei E5576. It can be used via WLAN or via USB. The USB connection does not work with OpenWRT till 21.02.1 due to modprobe problems. Works both ways with Ubuntu, though.

I keep it as a fallback LTE "modem". I tested using it through WLAN and that does work. It's awkward, though, probably only useful for emergencies.

in connection to my previous post about my solution with Openwrt and Huawei 3372, i have added a 2nd usb stick (same brand/model) in my router. i have to say that it works fine and once one carrier goes down, then the other takes place in around 5 secs.

I just bought an MC7455 and have been trying it out. I noticed that Sierra's latest firmware release for this model is from 2019, making me think it is on the way to being a legacy model. Also it doesn't cover bands 66 and 71 which were recently licensed in the USA. Is there a successor to the XX7455 which does have those bands?

The MC7455 is getting rather old, yes. It has been available since 2015.

You should look at the much newer MC7411 for B66 and B71. Yes, the model numbers are confusing. There is a nice overview table of all the current EM/MC modules and the bands they support at https://www.sierrawireless.com/iot-solutions/iot-modules/5g-modules/

Simcom SIM7600E-H cat.4 result. The measurement was carried out in the office of the mobile operator.
изображение

So basically, as far as possible from real life scenarios....?

1 Like

Absolutely real life scenario.It was not laboratory, only sale office with roof base station and standard equipment. Similar results were out of town on weekdays before the pandemic.

So, out in the country, when everyone's at the office...