Missing WLan devices and WLan errors after power interruption(~24h)

Current system:
Linksys E8450 (UBI), OpenWrt 23.05.3 r23809-234f1a2efa

Problem:
Since a power interruption of the router (approx. 24h), it is no longer able to reconnect all WLan devices to the router. Before all devices were registered with a static IP.
Unfortunately, the system did not "recover" after a reset and recovery, nor did a manual setup of the system. Some WLan devices are registrated in DHCP mode but many devices will not be registrated (smartphones, IoT's, repeaters). With the smartphones, I get the message that the IP is assigned but then the devices are not registrated and are not displayed (network/dhcp/static entries). Smartphones and notebooks often simply drop out of the WLan - I assume that this also happens with other devices. Restarting the devices does not result in a new connection/login to the router.
LAN-connected devices are connected with the correct IP.

Any Ideas?

PS.
I will reset the system and switch off till tomorrow to restart a manual setup...again...

Do you mean static dhcp pairings are lost?

No, I miss a part of my WLan devices generally.

Before the power off situation I had ALL WLan devices registrated...after power off situation I miss many WLan devices in the DHCP view in general...
I will later setup the static IP's when I can find/see all my WLan devices in the openwrt-view.
And the drop out ot the WLan...I don't know what's going on...

I'm pretty sure that your device has a dual-partition firmware setup (this is done for failover if one partition fails to boot properly). There is a high likelyhood that the power outage triggered a failover to the other partition which may not have been fully configured with your DHCP reservations and the like.

To fix this, you need to partially boot the router 3 times in a row.

Unplug the router from power. Plug it back in again and let it boot for a few seconds, but not long enough for it to complete the boot process. Then unplug the power again. Repeat until you have cycled power 4 times total... on the last one, let it fully boot. Then check your DHCP reservations and the like.

Thanks for the hint...

Does such a change happen if you simply disconnect the device from the power supply for a longer period of time?

Same with the drop out situation...
and the completly new setup..?

It happens if the device partially boots (but does not complete) 3 times in a row. This can happen when power is flickering just before or after a power outage.

Thx, will give a feedback tomorrow.

Also ch13 will lock out NA clients

Gents,

my solution:

Reset, new configuration(same as backup) BUT I have changed the SSID - now no dropp out, simple client login, new static leases.
I don't know, what's happend with the old setup but currently the router is up and running...

Thanks for your support and feedback.

Regards
Neuro

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.