Missing wireguard install package on 21.02.0-rc4

From my understanding there should exist a wireguard package but it is missing. I do update the package lists first with opkg update but opkg install wireguard results in Unknown package 'wireguard'.

kmod-wireguard was also missing for a while but somehow magically appeared in the software list a day or so later so I'm not sure what's going on. Any ideas?

EDIT: Just checked and now the kmod-wireguard package is missing again.

1 Like

No more wireguard package in snapshot? - #4 by vgaetera

Thanks for the link! It seems the package is no longer required but I don't understand how to proceed to install Wireguard, could you please point me in the right direction? The wg binary is missing so I cannot generate keys.

And what about the kmod-wireguard package that was missing from the software list at first, then suddenly appeared, and now has disappeared again. Is it not required either?

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 14.43.16

1 Like

Looks like a temporary build server issue, you should try again later.

2 Likes

I upgraded to rc4 and the wireguard package is still missing. Should I be able to see it here: https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.0-rc4/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/packages/ ? Because it's not in there either.

Why isn't it available in the repository?

What exact package are you looking for? Because wireguard doesn't exist anymore. The two packages you do need (kmod-wireguard and wireguard-tools) both appear to be in the repository, as do the relevant luci packages (if you want luci support).

2 Likes

After installing those packages I now have the wg binary. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.