Missing kernel modules for nft log

I am using LEDE on my router, and am setting up a custom set of nftables rules (as a learning exercise). I have run into a missing kernel module problem, though.

The kmod-ipt-core provides the nf_log_common.ko and nf_log_ipv4.ko modules, but is missing the nf_log_ipv6.ko module. This makes it impossible to log from either an "inet" or "ipv6" table (loading the rule set fails with an obscure "not found" error message).

Where can I get the nf_log_ipv6.ko module? Should I be reporting this as a bug elsewhere?

Thanks

I believe there's a separate selection in menuconfig (if you're building your own image) for netfilter ipv6, however I could be mis-remembering and can check when I get home

I used the imagebuilder to produce the initial custom image (x86/geode for a PC Engines WRAP). There is no "make menuconfig" there, though I did add some IPv6 related packages. I have everything else working with IPv6, include a 6in4 tunnel, except the nft log target.

There's nf and nft ipv6 specific options under Kernel Modules > Netfilter Extensions in menuconfig... i have no idea if these would be what you're looking for however, as I'm not familiar with IPv6 since it isn't utilized by my ISP yet.

Maybe I'm missing something here... when I run "make menuconfig" from the imagebuilder directory, I get:
make: *** No rule to make target 'menuconfig'. Stop.
This is from the lede-imagebuilder-17.01.4-x86-geode.Linux-x86_64.tar.xz

I should have articulated my reply better, as I was referring to using a buildroot in lieu of Image Builder (I've never used Image Builder and am not sure if menuconfig, or an equivalent, is able to be utilized).

It's fairly easy getting a buildroot setup, and depending on why you chose Image Builder over a buildroot (one should have a minimum of a quad core CPU, preferably an octa-core or a quad core with hyper threading, else the intial make will take substantially longer), I would consider going this route in lieu of Image Builder.

1. While I highly recommend reading Build System Installation (as it's important information one should still familiarize themselves with), I did create a script to automate the build system installation for Ubuntu/debian OSes.

2. With that being said, it's imperative one does read Build System Usage, either before, or while, the script is executing.