Missing installation instructions for OpenWRT 19.07 on Asus RT-AC57U

Hi guys, i have a virgin Asus RT-AC57U on which i would like to install OpenWRT 19.07.0. The ToH lists 19.07.0 as supported version. I can not for the life of me figure out how to install it though after sifting through the various RT-AC57U related pages and the generic installation pages in the wiki.

I found a couple of posts in the forum of people who apparently managed to install the snapshot version prior to the release of 19.07 on it. So i guess it must be possible. Can anyone give me pointers?

1 Like

That's very weird given the installation section on the wiki page seems pretty comprehensive to me?

It rehashes the instructions from the git commit linked in the post above.

Thanks, that is exactly the information i was looking for. :+1:

I was not able to find this exact page. Here is what i did:

1. Navigate to "openwrt.org/"
  2. Click on "Supported Devices" link in navigation -> "https://openwrt.org/supported_devices"
  3. Click on "I have a router and want to know if it is supported" link on the page -> "https://openwrt.org/toh/start"
  4. Filter the table in the Model column by "RT-AC57U"

This produces a single record that only links to a generic "19.07.0" release page and a "Device Techdata" page. The "Device Techdata" page links to the relevant commit with the installations instructions. I did not realize that at the time because i was looking for more of a manual/howto install link.

Now that i know that it is there i realized that you can find the page you mentioned by using the generic search bar at the top right of the page and the search term "RT-AC57U".

Thanks for the quick help!

Hello

I would like to ask you if you manage to install successfully 19.07* RT-AC57U

Running 19.07 HEAD on it here.

1 Like

I was able to install 19.07 with the "OEM installation via SSH" method. Not sure about the long term stability though. I did not run the router for an extensive period of time yet.

1 Like

I've been running it without issues since July 2019.

@galotzas Do keep in mind there's a v2 on the market and that's QCA, not Mediatek based.

1 Like

I decided to give up on this model and try my luck with er x

Thanks for the info

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.