Minidlna & unplug / replug a USB HDD not update

1 - When i boot with a USB HDD connected i have no problem with minidlna

2 - If i disconnect the USB HDD & replug another HDD minidlna run always with i have no files

3 - If i reboot i have files

How use minidlna for have not this problem ?

With samba i have the new files when i plug a new USB HDD without reboot !!!

Minidlna needs to rescan the files, try going to System>Startup>Minidlna and Restart.

hum: Minidlna needs to rescan the files, try going to System>Startup>Minidlna and Restart.

-> i add this infos:

I just want to be able to play the videos with the minidlna without restarting the box (it's quite long) knowing that besides the box has no button off and I have to look for the socket back …

it is not practical when you are lying in bed and watching with a TV the videos in the USB HDD

I do not have no computer in my bed !!!

With samba I can immediately read the contents by changing the disk

lower your notify_interval and use a persistent parent folder for your media_dir....

if that fails enable widelinks and have hotplug link your removable dirs under a persistent one.

Please could you post your minidlna config, mount point of cifs and your usb drive (this last should be /mnt/sd_something).
Thanks

notify_interval should be the time of announcing service over network.
Inotify (0 or 1) is to enable the update of db when is created new file or changed within the target directory.
A persistent directory for database file could be a solution but not so reliable, assuming that when minidlna starts he is looking for the database, checking his consistency and the presence of files in target directories, in case of one fail of that starts recreating db (at that moment your usb drive is already connected and ready to be scanned?), but at least if you use a remote smb directory and his content is unchanged minidlna will not rescan becoming ready faster....

1 Like

You could also use hotplug to force minidlna to rescan when use drive is mounted.
Just add /etc/init.d/minidlna reload after the mount line or better:
sleep 1
/etc/init.d/minidlna stop
/usr/bin/minidlnad -r -f /tmp/minidlna.conf # conf should be there
Or again:
/etc/init.d/minidlna stop
rm path/to/minidlna/database/..../files.db
/etc/init.d/minidlna start

found this: Hotplug2 script ( solution ? )

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.