Minidlna sorting order directories first?

I am using openwrt on my DIR-860L with the minidlna dlna-server and so far it works great.

But I was wondering why my client is showing files and directories mixed togeter (all sorted by name).

My NAS runs a different dlna-server and here the client shows the same directory with different sorting order and directories before files (and each sorted by name).
This is a much better sorting order.
How can I tell the minidlna to do the same thing ?

I hope it can be changed in the minidlna.conf or somewhere else. However I could not find anything about it in the internet.
Maybe someone here can help :slight_smile:

PS: no its not a client thing, thats why I tried a different server. The sorting order in the client is set to "restore" which probably means that the order is unchanged from the server. Thats the only possible way the server could influence the sorting order on the client.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you should be able to change the way files are sorted by going to Luci>Services>Minidlna>General Settings and changing Root Container, the choices are Standard/Browse Directory or a particular folder, a custom choice isn't available as far as i know.

I tried this already.
But it only changes the starting folder. Nothing more.
It has nothing to do with the sorting order.

I tried this already.

But it only changes the starting folder. Nothing more.

It has nothing to do with the sorting order.