Mikrotik RB750Gr3 - really good instructions

I was struggling to follow various instructions (this forum, the wiki and elsewhere) to install OpenWRT on a MikroTik RB750Gr3.

Eventually I came across these very clear instructions that I wanted to share: Flash OpenWRT onto Mikrotik RB750Gr3. Mainly just posting to leave this here for people who are searching the forum in the future.

This document is reasonably up to date (2022) describing a version of OpenWRT (19.07.6) which supports the device. It is good for non experts because it proceeds in a straight line with thorough instructions.

I'm sure the venn diagram of people who want to flash firmware to this particular device but are not already skilled network administrators is very small. :smiley:

It is hosted on a website for a project called RADIUSdesk which tbh I am not familiar with. It looks to be hosted in a github oraganization where it is stated

All the code is released under the GNU General Public License v3.0.
This means you are allowed to do modifications and changes.

I suggest the text of this page be added to the wiki. (Which I can't do because signups are restricted; but also not sure how youse feel about borrowing materials so probably wouldn't do it anyway without asking.)

I grabbed a copy of the page to the internet archive in case it disappears.

Hope this would be helpful to someone. Love OpenWRT; thanks to everyone working on it.

At time of writing most up to date OpenWRT available is 22.03.3. I am using Manjaro Linux on my desktop.

1 Like