Meraki MR18: "Flashing Method C" needs updated

I have tried to get through Method C several times, and I can barely read through it.. not to mention follow it with a device. I have a problem with:

4. From your personal computer that has UART wired to the MR18, plug into the same router the MR18 is using. Then, remember the IP address of your system. In this example, we will use 192.168.1.102.

you must mean to "...plug your PC into the same router...."? That would make the statement easier to read...

When the boot completes after the "Level 2" reset, I am met with a shell prompt:
BusyBox v1.01 (2013.11.05-04:45+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
~ #

Then we get to this:
6. Once started, you can then load this image to the “part2” partition on the MR18. This is done with the following:

odm firmware part2 192.168.1.102:80/lede-ar71xx-nand-mr18-initramfs-kernel.bin

First, this BusyBox shell doesn't seem to have a valid function to call "odm" and obviously, the arguments aren't going to serve a purpose. What shell are you coming up with when you follow "Flashing Method C"?

Second, where are you hiding "lede-ar71xx-nand-mr18-initramfs-kernel.bin"? Your tutorial says to download "openwrt-18.06.4-ar71xx-nand-mr18-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar". There is no bin file or any image contained within the tarball. Am I to copy the tarball over to the "part2" partition? That doesn't make much sense.

And third, there is also a mention of this file "MR18-LEDE.tar.gz" that does not appear anywhere for download.

Once I get through those hurdles, it should be a pretty straight forward thing to finish.

Any advice on how to reconcile this?

Thanks in advance...

did you check the firmware version of the MR18? other posts on this forum seem to indicate that the odm command has been removed after v. 25.9.

this initramfs image can be extracted from MR18-LEDE.tar.gz which can still be downloaded from servernetworktech.com.
the ...sysupgrade.tar is used to flash the MR18 once the initramfs image is running.