OK helpful LEDE people:
here's what I want to do:
- Make LEDE boot from HP Smart Array RAID logical 'disk'.
What I've achieved so far:
- Created a patch for buildroot to package the right drvier for this controller called hpsa.ko into kmod-hpsa.ipk
- Select 'y' in menuconfig so above ipk lands in the rootfs
- Kernel boots but does not find any disks because hpsa.ko is on the rootfs, not in the kernel nor in a initramfs.
Problem / Challenge:
- I could compile the hpsa driver right into the kernel -> but how would I do that? Semantics with buildroot's menuconfig (m==module, y==lands as module in rootfs) do not match those known from kernel menuconfig (y==compiled into kernel)
I could employ an initramfs.
** I found the menuconfig option to build an initramfs, but that seems to be tailored to get booted via tftp, not from disk (well it probably doesn't contain a bootloader so this can be expected...)
** If initramfs is enabled in menuconfig, the resulting combined-* images still contain a grub config that says initrd=no
Any ideas on how to do either one of the above or maybe find a 3rd way? Thanks a lot in advance!