Luks works an a raspberry, but not on a FritzBox7362SL

For testing I have installed openWRT 23.x on my old raspberry. On my raspberry, luks/cryptsetup works fine. No errors when I do some file operations.
Now, I tried openWRT on my FritzBox 7362SL and there, I have many many errors when I do some file operations, like:

[  390.762368] EXT4-fs error (device dm-0): ext4_lookup:1855: inode #191: comm mc: iget: bad extra_isize 16815 (inode size 256)
[  390.776062] EXT4-fs error (device dm-0): ext4_lookup:1855: inode #191: comm mc: iget: bad extra_isize 16815 (inode size 256)

I can encrypt it and mount it, but I cant do any file operations on my FritzBox 7362SL. Can anybody help, why luks works and a raspberry but not an my FritzBox 7362SL? Only openWRT 19.x works fine with luks/cryptsetup.

Discussions about luks/ cryptsetup in recent days have pointed out that this isn't really made with portable media and/or low-end devices in mind, as it embeds estimates about the RAM size and similar unchangeable fundamentals about the device creating the volume in the filesystem structures. Devices with very little RAM -and probably big endian/ mips doesn't really help either- are affected by this (in comparison, the RPi has plenty of RAM, quite a bit of attention by upstream developers and is ARMv7/ little endian).

1 Like

But luks works in openWRT very well. Luks is running here and dont needs a lot of ram. My FritzBox 7362SL