Luci_statistics change label on graph celsius to fahrenheit

I noticed that the graph on the statistics display of the temperature readings is in Celsius and it should be in Fahrenheit.
I there a way in the setup to change the label on the y-axis of the graph?

Are you saying that Fahrenheit is a known feature, or that's it's your preference to display it?

The values are actually in Fahrenheit and the label on the axis is in Celsius.

So it is not a known feature.
The label is wrong it should be Fahrenheit instead of Celsius as the values in the graph are in Fahrenheit. At least on my unit which is a US unit

1 Like

Rather than changing the label, you should change the displayed values.
Get used to SI units.

1 Like

I don't have a problem with SI units, but the values are collected by default are Fahrenheit. If there is a way to convert the collected values to Celsius I would prefer this. Right now the graph is not right by default.

:rofl:

Whatever is done, it certainly shouldn't be the case that the device displays say 85C when in fact it's 85F those are very different temperatures.

@tmomas, what's really needed here is Kelvin :wink:

5 Likes

Whatever is done, it certainly shouldn't be the case that the device displays say 85C when in fact it's 85F those are very different temperatures.

That is my point

1 Like

The main thing is not SI or Fahrenheit. The main thing is the values need to match the units displayed on the y-axis

1 Like

Does anybody know which file the label for the y-Axis is defined in? Could I just change it?

1 Like
cat /usr/lib/lua/luci/statistics/rrdtool/definitions/thermal.lua
1 Like

added here

1 Like

@anomeome and @anon50098793 thank you!

1 Like

Fahrenheit, mile, inch, pound, short and long ton, and MMDDYYYY format are few things that remain only to make life more difficult than it can be.

changed it to:

-- Licensed to the public under the Apache License 2.0.

module("luci.statistics.rrdtool.definitions.thermal",package.seeall)

function rrdargs( graph, plugin, plugin_instance, dtype )

return {
            title = "%H: Temperature of %pi",
            alt_autoscale = true,
            vlabel = "Fahrenheit",
            number_format = "%3.1lf%s",
            data = {
                    types = { "temperature" },
                    options = {
                            temperature = { color = "ff0000", title = "Temp$
                    }
            }
    }

end

And it worked

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.