LUCI: Patching Wifi Association List

I would like to make my changes on the luci overview page as installable package. (opkg)
Or maybe some luci plugin?

How can I do this? I'm not that familiar with luci.

Create a new package, "cloning" the existing one that includes those files. Change its upstream source to your github.

Given that it makes a service call to a remote host that requires an API key, for every station, for every time the page refreshes, I wouldn't hold your breath for acceptance into OpenWrt. For your own use, I'd strongly suggest

• The key and URL should be defined in UCI, not in the source
  • You should cache the results
1 Like

Create a new package, "cloning" the existing one that includes those files. Change its upstream source to your github.

I should copy luci-base?
Or should I create some luci package like I did here.
That includes status.lua and wifi_assoclist.htm so that they will be overwritten then I install the package? But then I have to keep them up to date? I would like to have some .patch file? Is there some example project?

Given that it makes a service call to a remote host that requires an API key, for every station, for every time the page refreshes, I wouldn't hold your breath for acceptance into OpenWrt. For your own use, I'd strongly suggest

It is just some experimental stuff... I will change it to one query... :slight_smile: (or maybe not? hmmm... maybe database becomes huge... multiple queries in on query would be great) And yeah, key and URL should be configured in uci. (example code?) (it was just a few lines of code to see if I can somehow add this to the overview page). How can I cache this stuff? Is there some example project/code?