../../luci.mk:277: *** Package/luci-base is missing the VERSION field. Stop

Hello,

I would like to build the luci environnment. So:

Now, I go back to menuconfig and I add luci (I have not understand the difference between modulary and mandatory). Then, make and

../../luci.mk:277: *** Package/luci-base is missing the VERSION field. Stop :cry:

I don't understand the message error. Have you pointers ? How to debug ?

Thanks
PHL.

Anything special with you build environment?
Normal OpenWrt repo with LuCI as a feed?
Did you compile full firmware, or just a module?

Your env looks quite normal at the first glance, but I wonder why you get the error.

(The LuCI version string logic was modfied a few days ago, but it should work ok in normal conditions.)

See also https://github.com/openwrt/luci/issues/3911

Just wondering, which conditions trigger the error.

cc @jow

Should be fixed.

Thanks, il will check the pointersn but I don't understand if the bug is solved or not. I downladed the sources from git 2 days ago. If you have pointers to check if the correction is in my download, I will check it.

I did a git clone and then . ./scripts/feeds update -a that loads the luci code (71 Mo). I saw during the command :

... Updating feed 'luci' from 'https://git.openwrt.org/project/luci.git' ...

So I imagine that the feeds sources (and luci sources) are "git" sources and are consistent with the kernel.

What is a full firmware ? I compile a distribution for a X86 and I build a virtualbox openwrt modem. This is not a distribution downloaded to an embedded device, but I have a running virtual machine. For my of view this is a full firmware.

Thanks,
PHL
Nevertheless, I did 2 separate compilations. Perhaps, can I try make clean + make menuconfig to set X86 and Luci + make to build all things in one compilation process.

Hello,

I did a new test :

• git clone + script update all

• make menuconfig to select X86 and Luci

• make => Building firmware and Luci at the same time

I saw the compilation fo some packages of LUCI, so no more problem of "tag version".

My partial conclusion a this point, is that I have to compile at the same time the firmware and Luci

Nevertheless the compilation failed. So I will post a new message about
"/usr/include/c++/4.8.2/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options."

Thanks

What is you buildhost?
Some Linux?
Something old?