Do you have another type of modem? Would you like to add support for it?
Send PR/mail with description:
- exact name of modem and ew version number
- VID and PID identifier on the USB bus
- serial port used for communication with the modem ("diagnostic")
- AT command to read the set bands together with an example result
- an AT command to set specific bands
- a list of all bands that can be set on the modem
Hello, .thank you for sharing your project that is so interesting. now I use ZBT WG1602 run OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r19227-4551bfd91f / LuCI Master git-22.058.70382-d29400e .and try its but can not install . can do you help me?
Hi @SunyarnDEE ,
I assume you have a supported modem (or want to have a supported one). The modemband package uses the sms-tool package (requires in dependencies), which is not normally found in the OpenWrt repository and has to be specifically compiled for a particular device architecture.
If on eko.one.pl forum there is no sms-tool version for your device you have to compile everything yourself by adding manually packages sms-tool, modemband, luci-app-modmband.
Ok....complete total newb here (less than a week with OpenWrt). Is this possible for the ZBT Links WG1608 with the EP06-A? It has the eko.one.pl and this version of OpenWrt: Powered by LuCI Master (git-22.189.49133-e193259). If so I would need a step by step instruction of how to achieve this (ie. If something needs to be added to the system.....how would I do it?)
I attempted to install the sms-tool with the link you provided but there is an error returned when using the LUCI Software page.
* wfopen: https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages/sms-tool_2022-03-21-f07699ab-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk: No such file or directory.
* pkg_init_from_file: Failed to extract control file from https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/packages/mipsel_24kc/packages/sms-tool_2022-03-21-f07699ab-1_mipsel_24kc.ipk.
Also instructions on how to install the modemband luci app in OWRT is requested. The modem in use is in the list of integrated modems. Router is a ZBT 1608 and Modem Fibocom L860.
I don't know how to describe the package installation process in a simpler / more understandable way.
Please, start reading the instructions, and don't say it doesn't work, can't be installed, etc.
The manual is there (https://github.com/4IceG/luci-app-modemband), it even explains step by step.
If you can't install (sms-tool) from the link, download the package manually and install it manually. Everything works here, you just have to read and read and read.