This provides a web UI for the "chrony" NTP package, which is an alternative full NTP implementation. There are 2 pages/tabs added to System; "Time NTP setup (chrony)" and "Time monitor (chrony)".
Like many others, this is my first attempt at a package for OpenWRT and LuCI. So...
- The feed setup instructions may not be completely correct, I'll take help, advice.
- The install adds a 'service_triggers()' function to the chronyd init script. This is needed to trigger a restart of chronyd when changes to setup are applied. Eventually I will propose a patch to the main chrony package, this is the correct thing to do.
- The UCI config file design in the main chrony config is used as is. But, this does not lead to a clean model/cbi page. The whole config/init-script/luci-model-cbi should be looked at for a cleaner approach.
- I would like to combine the 2 pages I created into a single screen with 2 folder tabs, and a single entry point off the System menu. I'm new to this, I need first to learn how to do this.
- I have tested everything quite a lot, but if you have problems please let me know.
Thank you. Rick.