Luci 19 - graph noise when wireless disabled?

As i newbie i'm still trying to ascertain if this is a bug so i'm guessing that you'll welcome patches means that it is? :grinning:

Not sure. For me the tabs for selecting "wlanX" simply disappear when the radio is disabled. I can still access them by manipulating the URL or when I leave the graph open in one tab while disabling the radio in another, but well...

Digs into the code and finds, my wireless was enabled.

If disabled the graph is blank...

OpenWrt 19.07-SNAPSHOT r10287-a941d39460
Linksys EA6350

Well i'm out of my depth as i only installed openwrt for the first time a few days ago and the screen shot is everything at stock settings apart from changing my password.

Wireless is disabled and i didn't expect to see anything active in the status section and saw the above so thought it best to ask if this is normal and never really got a straight answer.

Yes its normal. The graph display is dumb and will simply treat -255 as actual value while in realty it is just 0 or "nothing". Probably needs some if (signal == -255 && noise == -255) { wifi is off } logic. Unless of course a driver happens to actually report a noise floor of -255 (or is not supporting noise floor reporting) and there happens to be no signal in this very moment.

1 Like

That's resolved then , thanks :+1: :grinning:

Odd though that me and @bill888 have tabs when the radio is disabled , not sure if that's common for other users...

@zakporter what do you get from;

ifconfig | grep encap | cut -d":" -f1
1 Like

br-lan Link encap
eth0 Link encap
eth1 Link encap
lo Link encap

Any idea what the lo is?

loopback

what about;

uci show wireless | grep -vE '(ssid|key)'
ifconfig -a | grep encap | cut -d":" -f1

wireless.radio0=wifi-device
wireless.radio0.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio0.channel='11'
wireless.radio0.hwmode='11g'
wireless.radio0.path='platform/soc/a000000.wifi'
wireless.radio0.htmode='HT20'
wireless.radio0.disabled='1'
wireless.default_radio0=wifi-iface
wireless.default_radio0.device='radio0'
wireless.default_radio0.network='lan'
wireless.default_radio0.mode='ap'
wireless.default_radio0.encryption='none'
wireless.radio1=wifi-device
wireless.radio1.type='mac80211'
wireless.radio1.channel='36'
wireless.radio1.hwmode='11a'
wireless.radio1.path='platform/soc/a800000.wifi'
wireless.radio1.htmode='VHT80'
wireless.radio1.disabled='1'
wireless.default_radio1=wifi-iface
wireless.default_radio1.device='radio1'
wireless.default_radio1.network='lan'
wireless.default_radio1.mode='ap'
wireless.default_radio1.encryption='none'

If you need me to check anything else i'll be back on tonight. :+1:

1 Like

As @jow says it's normal for some of us to have a readout that he doesn't is there any point in pursuing this?

I'm somewhat confused and perplexed why patches would be needed to fix something that isn't broken?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.