Losing network connectivity every x days TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1 & 17.01.2

Hi,

I have a TP-Link TL-WDR4300 v1 flashed with the pre-build LEDE image (LEDE Reboot 17.01.2 r3435-65eec8bd5f / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.152.82987-7f6fc16)

Every number of days (not sure how many days) I'm loosing network connectivity from my router to the internet. Ping, nslookup, etc from my router to any public address does not work anymore. After restarting the network service, everything seems to be working again.

Was wondering if this is a bug in the firmware? Or which logging might be relevant for this? Hopefully I'm placing this on the right forum section, but please let me know if I should ask it somewhere else, e.g. on the mailing list.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Regards,
Rolf

How is your WAN configured? Do you get an IP by DHCP from your ISP, or is it statically configured?

You can try running this command:

logread |grep wan

Look for error messages. Do this after you have lost the connection.

Hello. I have the same issue on Archer C7 v2 running 17.01.2. If my memory serves, I had the same problem on 17.01 as well. I can get things working again either by power cycling the router or the cable modem. I originally thought it might be a problem with SQM, but it seems to happen whether or not I have that enabled.

It didn't happen for quite a while, but the issued appeared again. My WAN is configured using DHCP from my ISP. It could be related, as I think the problems occurs when I haven't been home in a while, and that might be when I receive a new IP address from my ISP. I have copied the requested output below.

root@LEDE:~# logread | grep wan
Wed Oct 18 11:46:40 2017 daemon.notice netifd: wan (6802): udhcpc: sending renew
Thu Oct 19 05:17:48 2017 daemon.notice netifd: wan (6802): udhcpc: sending renew
Thu Oct 19 14:03:22 2017 daemon.notice netifd: wan (6802): udhcpc: sending renew
Thu Oct 19 18:26:10 2017 daemon.notice netifd: wan (6802): udhcpc: sending renew

Restarting the network interface seems to restore internet connection:

/etc/init.d/network restart

The issue occurred again and I had to restart the network service. I didn't noticed any errors in logread and I was wondering if there is some more logging I can enable or that could be relevant for this.