Looking for someone who uses Belkin RT3200 or Linksys E8450 with latest snapshot build

Hi,
As the title says: I’m looking for someone who uses one of the devices with the latest snapshot build.
Specifically, I want to know how the LuCI wireless page looks like after a factory reset (WiFi not yet configured or enabled) and if wireless scanning is possible.

The devices are not available in my region, so would be great if someone could help me.
Thanks
Roland

I own a few of them. They have had release builds for a while now. For general usage use the latest release build, not a snapshot. (If you do install a snapshot, there is no LuCI included-- you will have to connect via SSH and install it).

The wifi setup is conventional. One thing that applies to all hardware but isn't plain to beginners is for proper wifi operation the first thing to do is click over to the advanced page and set your country code, on both radios.

Background of my question: I have a similar device where the WiFi device name is not correctly displayed in LuCI and scanning is not possible after a clean OpenWrt installation.
This happens only with the current snapshot, not with the last released OpenWrt version.
If the problem would exist on similar devices as well, I would know that the problem is not related to my device but is more a general issue.

Got one of this devices and the behavior is the same on Belking RT3200/Linksys E8450 with the latest snapshot.

I created https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/issues/14207 for it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.