Looking for experienced dev to compile custom OpenWrt [Paid Contract]

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct subforum, but here it goes.

I have a lot of Everest AP300 (ex Panasonic - very niche product) Access Points that I would like to repurpose / load with OpenWRT

The APs are currently running custom version of OpenWRT 15.05 with the ipq806x target (had to be a custom job as this target was not available until v17).

Snip from the dmesg:

Linux version 3.14.77 (builduser@bob-the-builder) (gcc version 4.8.3 (OpenWrt/Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.04 unknown) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 6 02:17:53 IST 2020
[ 0.000000] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc075] revision 5 (ARMv7), cr=10c5387d
[ 0.000000] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
[ 0.000000] Machine model: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. IPQ40xx/AP-DK07.1-C1

It has 128MB of flash divided into 2 switchable boot banks and 512MB of RAM.

It has 3 radios - 1x 2.4GHz and 2x5GHz.

Would anyone be interested in building the latest OpenWRT for it and creating a quick documentation on how to flash them ?

I have one unit that I can ship immediately for reverse-engineering purposes, but given the fact that I have access to the root shell and the Everest upgrade script is using the sysupgrade it should not be too difficult to flash them (in theory)

Please let me know the ballpark cost - I can give you the remote access to one of the APs connected to the network via SSH so you can look around beforehand.

I have not found anything in the forum rules forbidding offering a paid job on this forum, so I hope this post survives the mod's scrutiny.

Thanks !

If you're willing to put in the time, it might not be impossible to get it up and runnig yourself, with some help of the forum.

Hi,

Time is the luxury I do not have, and the company I represent is willing to reimburse handsomely the person that completes the task :slight_smile:

Thanks

Shameless Bump .. :slight_smile:
Any takers ? $$$$ are waiting :stuck_out_tongue:

Based on Machine model: Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. IPQ40xx/AP-DK07.1-C1
It might be similar to https://openwrt.org/toh/gl.inet/gl-ap1300 Should you have serial console connected you could give it a try.
PM if interested