Looking for a router similar to/better than the xr300

Hello!

My friend has an xr300 and his bufferbloat, ping, network latency, and jitter are all much better than mine. He lives a block down from me and we have the same isp, same package, same ethernet cable, same power conditioner... etc. In conclusion, my stock isp router is nerfing my internet.

As the title states, I am looking for a router (That can be flashed with openwrt) that can achieve similar or better performance than an xr300 from netgear. I have no idea where to start so I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me out. The xr300 just seems way overpriced for me, on top of that, it is nearly never in stock.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

What kind of connection and what speeds?

It's cable internet (I think my isp calls it hybrid fiber but that seems bs).I have 400 up and 60 down... I am using an ethernet cable from my router. It does need to have wifi (2.4/5ghz) support for the rest of my family though.

Really? Or did you reverse those? It's extremely rare to have dramatically more send speed than receive.

In any case you need something with some significant cpu to shape 400Mbps. Check out the long thread on enthusiast devices What’s your favorite enthusiast LEDE/OpenWrt device?

1 Like

Haha yes... I did reverse them on accident. Well, thank you for your help. I will look through the thread.