After reading for several days in search of a good router, I have had many questions and maybe you can help me
Now I have an HGU router (ont + router + wifi) but the wifi doesn't work very well, and the router crashes every 2-3 days, also a very high bufferbloat.
I saw that some routers have an SFP connection. Is this valid to connect to a GPON? or would I have to use something like ufiber nano g (https://www.ui.com/ufiber/ufiber-nano-g/)?
I have some mandatory things:
- Openwrt support (this was obvious? Haha)
- Low latency (bufferbloat)
- 100/100 internet without bufferbloat problems
- Wifi (can be an independent device, the house is very small, I do not need great coverage)
- vpn, 50/50 would be enough
- 3 ports free
- Connect phones rj11? or use a VoIP?
Things I would like:
- 8 ethernet ports to avoid having an extra switch
- Failover 3G / 4G support
I liked the robust design of the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X but I do not know if it would meet all expectations, are there similar things on the market but more complete? (wifi and better cpu for example)
I think FRITZ! BOX 6890 LTE would have everything but I think not many people use it
€ 450 is the maximum I would spend on ont + router