Locked myself on an operator (can't change APN)

Hello,

Following upgrading a Three UK ZTE MF286D to OpenWRT and then upgrading the modem firmware from B02 to B12 I am now in a situation where I cannot change the APN.
I am stuck with the Three UK one and as such only Three SIMs will work on this device.

I check this by using gcom:

root@OpenWrt:~# gcom -d /dev/ttyUSB1 info
##### Wireless WAN Modem Configuration #####
APN:                    1,"IPV4V6","three.co.uk","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0
##### END #####

Previously, on the original firmware I could change the APNs just fine and use different operators.

What I have tried so far is use the wiki instructions, ie add a new network such as:

config interface 'lte'
 option proto 'qmi'
 option device '/dev/cdc-wdm0'
 option pdptype 'IPV4V6'
 option apn '3internet'
 option ipv6 'auto'

"3internet" APN is ignored, it is stuck on the "three.co.uk" one, which was the last APN in use with the original OS.

I then tried to install and use modemmanager , but this also has not made a difference.

Next steps were to set the APN via AT commands, also did not make a difference:

root@OpenWrt:~# echo -e -n 'AT + CGDCONT = 1, "IPV4", "3internet", "", 0.0 \r'> /dev/ttyUSB1
root@OpenWrt:~# echo -e -n 'AT + CGACT = 1.1 \r'> /dev/ttyUSB1
root@OpenWrt:~# gcom -d /dev/ttyUSB1 info
APN: 1,"IPV4V6","**three.co.uk**","0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0",0,0,0,0
##### END #####

Any more suggestions?

I do have adb access to the modem, anything I can do there to "reset" it, make it forget that APN?

Thanks,
Lucian

Sorted via
https://eko.one.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=276105

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.