Local DNS resolver for multiple interfaces

Hi all

Need a bit if guidance here..

• Have local domain set to 'lan'. Can I have second local domain set to 'lab'?

I have two interfaces LAN & LAB.
I want for devices in each subnet to be able to use .lan & .lab and resolve eachother on the router.

The reason for .lab domain is the requirement to wildacard it "*.lab = 192.168.10.10" for example.
A single host translation so all my apps in the lab are locally resolveable instead of me having to add static/manual host entries for each one of them on the router.

Thanks in advance!

I don't think you can add wildcard in dnsmasq. But even if you do and I am wrong, you don't need to have 2 domains. You can advertise the domain and search domain in dhcp with options 15 and 119.
Then you can create domain entries in dhcp config file, or in Network/Hostnames in Luci.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointers. I found a way to add wildcard to dnsmasq afer searching a bit.

It is possible to allow wildcards such as *.mydomain.com in DNSMasq, by editing, /etc/dnsmasq.conf and add line(s) like this

address=/.mydomain.com/192.168.4.21
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.