Linksys WRT32X OpenWrt 21.02.0, r16279-5cc0535800 and BUGS

I have a Linksys WRT32X router, have been using it for a few years with OpenWRT 19.x
But now I need OpenVPN 2.5.x so I decided to update my OpenWRT.

First I tried openwrt-21.02.0-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt32x-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
But saw a warning message that this version cannot be used to update 19.x and I have to use a factory.
So I flsahed openwrt-21.02.0-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt32x-squashfs-factory.img without settings saving.

And at first glance, everything works fine, but after 5-10 minutes it starts to glitch.

Unable to open LUCI, devices connected via Wi-Fi cannot access the Internet. The Internet still works through the local network.
Etc..

cat /etc/openwrt_release

dmesg

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Whats it can be?

WPA3 (802.11w) can force this to happen, be sure it is not enabled.

2 Likes

It is was enabled!
Now I have disabled, let's see it helps or not.

Thank You!

I have this disabled (now) but connecting to sites or downloading singular images on sites kind of randomly fails. It's really weird because the wifi is stable and connected and it seems for that particular site / image on the site. Not really sure what is going on.

Disabling of WPA3 (802.11w) does not help, its glitching in unpredictable way, now even DHCP and internet on LAN does not works after some time of working.

For now replaced Linksys WRT32X router with TP-Link Archer C7 ver 5, which works fine.

And now Linksys useless with this firmware.

If someone ready to analyse the problem I can connect it to separate WAN with static IP, without connected devices and give SSH access.

I love OpenWRT, Linksys WRT32X greate device, it will be very pity if they will not works together :frowning_face:
And not only for me I think.

I prepared SSH and HTTP access to this Linksys WRT32X.
credentials

Will be very grateful for your help. )

I am have exactly the same issues on WRT3200ACM with this firmware. Nothing to add except me too.

You are third man, whos reported about it only in this thread.
But unfortunately it's nobody's care from dev team.

There is not a lot the dev team can do!
The wifi driver is essentially abandoware.....solution is probably to use a business grade WiFi AP for your WiFi, you can pick them up surprisingly cheaply on eBay

2 Likes

This doesn't work either. There's more than just wifi issues. LAN interfaces and DHCP is unpredictable.

This wifi driver is abandonware? Do you have a link for reference?

But it's works fine on 19.07.

The abandonware point is well known on this firun, here's one reference

I must say though that I've had no other issues with 21.02.0 on my wrt3200