Linksys WRT32X | LED configuration / fix

Hello,

I do have a LinkSys WRT32X router and I'm a bit confused by something.

Currently:

• The WAN port is always ON, regardless of whether there's a physical link or not. It goes OFF only If I stop its virtual interfaces. Both IPv4 and IPv6.

Q: How can I set the LED to indicate whether the HW link is active or not? My ISP is very frequently messing things up and I need an easy way to spot that.

Q2: Is there a way to trigger the orange WAN LED ON when there is hw link, but no actual Internet connection? Or alternatively trigger the orange one when there is no hw link.

Thanks in advance ! :slight_smile:

Have you tried to play with the LED configuration page on LuCi? See what options are there, what you can do, and what you cannot do, etc.

Hi,

Thanks for spending time to reply.
Yes, and the weird thing was that this led to the WiFi going completely down.

How - manually adding configs for radio0, radio1, radio2, by using triggers netdev or phy0radio / phy1radio

On the other hand, I just installed dc502wrt's release for Venom and it seems pretty solid.

I've been trying to achieve that on my wrt1200 for a couple of years now and haven't found any way so far, i don't think it's possible unfortunately (not that i'm going to stop trying of course).