Linksys WRT3200ACM stock linksys firmware restore will not accept openwrt images

im trying to flash my Linksys WRT3200ACM with openwrt for the first time but i get this error as the stock linksys firmware wont accept the openwrt firmware upgrade.

Unexpected Error

ErrorIncompatibleConfigVersion

We've encountered an unexpected error. If the issue continues, please visit our Technical Support site.

Hide details

JCGI return: { "result": "ErrorIncompatibleConfigVersion" }

So how can I flash my Linksys WRT3200ACM with openwrt firmware?

Using factory or sysupgrade image, use factory.

i dont know what you mean. ive never done this before.

https://firmware-selector.openwrt.org/?version=21.02.1&target=mvebu%2Fcortexa9&id=linksys_wrt3200acm

From the firmware selector, download the "Factory" image and use that one with the stock firmware upgrade process.

thats what is giving me this error

Unexpected Error

ErrorIncompatibleConfigVersion

We've encountered an unexpected error. If the issue continues, please visit our Technical Support site.

Hide details

JCGI return: { "result": "ErrorIncompatibleConfigVersion" }

Maybe try using the factory image from 19.07.8

same error with that version too

What about if you use the Kernel image?

same error with the kernel image

What OEM version is running

the newest. it doesnt say the version and i dont know where to check it. the oem version sucks, theres barely any settings. as soon as i set it up it automatically upgraded the oem firmware against my permission even though i disabled automatic updates.

Nothing to do on that front if latest. I guess you you could try master image, but it has been a long time since anything has come into the tree around flashing this device. Be sure of the image you are downloading, checksum verify the download.

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/, no luci(GUI) so ssh in.

i cant find the link to the master image

Given that you're new to OpenWrt - if you rely on your wifi don't install the 21.02.1 build. Keep/update your OEM firmware until 21.02.2 comes out because it fixes a significant wifi bug, then install the factory version. If you want OpenWrt now then install a master build and install luci and everything else via SSH.

Click on the link @anomeome provided, go down the list and click on linksys_wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img to download the image. It’s there.

i manageed to flash the first version from https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02.1/targets/mvebu/cortexa9/openwrt-21.02.1-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys_wrt3200acm-squashfs-factory.img

but now my wifi keeps disconnecting

ssh in and do what? youre not giving enough info

To do whatever, as there is no GUI on master snapshot. re. WIFI on 21.x try 21.x snapshot it addresses a wee bug in mac80211

now that im FLASHED and cant access the gui so im in ssh theres also no ui in ssh . so what do i do now?

I would suggest the wiki might help, but:

opkg update
opkg install luci

and whatever else. hmm, I thought 21.x snapshot had GUI included