Linksys WRT3200ACM, deleting radio2

Hi All,

Is anybody able to tell me what will happen when I delete radio2 on Linksys WRT3200ACM?

I mean i have it disabled anyway. I am wondering if I delete that radio, what OpenWRT will do on next reboot? Will it leave it disabled when deleted or it will activate it with sort of default config?

• Do you mean if you delete the wifi-device section, or the wifi-iface section?
  • In any case, nothing will occur, as you deleted the config (you can consider this state to be "disabled" too if you desire)

Hope this helps.

As long as the kernel recognizes the wireless card (meaning its drivers/ firmware are installed and loaded), it will add 'newly found' (as defined by their absence in the config) wireless cards to /etc/config/wireless on each (re-)boot.

2 Likes

Many people even remove the packages that provide the kernel modules for that third radio, so it's drivers do not interfere with the other two radios.

4 Likes

It is actually perfectly functional if you delete all the radio drivers for all radios and split up the luci standard package and then remove the wireless package in luci. Then you don’t even get a wireless config file in /etc/configs

And you end up with a perfectly functional Gbit router/firewall and switch.

How do you do that? Is there any tutorial for that somewhere?

It's explained here:

Thanks a million for pointing that.

When i do wifi config i get:

WARNING: Variable 'wlan' does not exist or is not an array/object

Anyone know what may be wrong in my case?

EDIT:
I have tried to revert router to factory defaults. I get the same warning on clean OpenWRT. My version is 23.05.rc1.

EDIT2:
I have another router on 23.05.0-rc1. DIfferent model, same warning.

What that command should actually output?

Looks like a genera issue: